The Resume Builder
Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates
Create a Resumein Minutes
4522 Benedict Knolls,Dallas,TX
+1 (555) 484 0358
- Orders supplies, keeps work space neat and orderly
- Posts next day’s schedule for TEE and Echo. Prepares and stocks exam rooms for next day
- Certification from appropriate Cardiac Technology or Echocardiography program required
- Read and measure pediatric and adult echocardiograms for the NIH-Sponsored Pediatric Echocardiography research studies
- Upload, review and confirm the protocol analysis measures for the Pediatric Echocardiography Projects into the Tom-Tec off-line analysis software application
- Provide qualitative overall assessment of the echo and document any deficiencies
- Provide recommendation to the Principal Investigator whether to include the echo results or discard them from the study
- Perform echocardiographic examinations on pediatric cardiac research patients and facilitate movement through the Center. Measure and analyze echocardiographic data for research projects. Measure and analyze echocardiographic data for research projects
- Current BLS verification
- Graduate from an accredited Ultrasound/Echocardiography Program; or appropriate training and clinical experience to provide equivalent technical skills
- CCT (Certified Cardiographic Technician) through the Cardiovascular Credentialing International
- Obtains patient history, explains procedures to patient, addresses patients’ concerns, and follows established pre-screening policy and procedure
- Monitors the patient’s physical condition during the course of the procedure; report patient change of status or emergency situations to clinical staff, supervisor and/or cardiologist
- Educates patients and family in the purpose, process, and type of test being administered
- Evaluates patient prior to performing tests by reviewing patient medical history; noting past/present illnesses, diagnosis, and medication; checking patient's chart to confirm physician's orders and noting current medication, allergies, etc
- Performs venous Doppler and impedance plethysmography and arterial limb pressures, volume pressure recordings and measurements
University of Phoenix - Memphis Campus
2005 - 2009
School's Degree in Technology
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to think independently and handle emergent situations
- Minimal typing, computer, and clerical skills
- Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- 6 months experience performing M-mode and 2-dimensional echocardiograms, as well as Doppler studies
- Experience with Muse system
- Understanding proper operation of Cardiac devices and equipment
- Endure long periods of time viewing small CRTs during patient examination
Create an Echocardiography Technician Resume
How to write Echocardiography Technician Resume
Echocardiography Technician role is responsible for health, software, pediatric, research, training, supervision, interpret, basic, imaging, drivers.
To write great resume for echocardiography technician job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For Echocardiography Technician Resume
The section contact information is important in your echocardiography technician resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your Echocardiography Technician Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your echocardiography technician resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.
This section, however, is not just a list of your previous echocardiography technician responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular echocardiography technician position you're applying to.The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Representative Echocardiography Technician resume experience can include:
- Identifies basic dysrhythmias, EKG changes, basic pathology on ECHO and other test results on a preliminary basis to determine need for immediate interpretation by physician or if additional vascular testing is needed
- Participates in the orientation of new staff and assists other staff members as needed (technical and clerical)
- Appropriately reviews the patient’s chart for doctor’s orders and patient’s
- Prioritizes ordered testing and request for new services, based upon clinical assessment ensuring a timely delivery of testing which is appropriate to the acuity of a patient's
- Can recognize acute situations and can notify the appropriate medical staff
- Eligible to take certification for ARDMS or RCVT exams
Education on an Echocardiography Technician Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your echocardiography technician resume.If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your echocardiography technician experience.For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
These are the four additional pieces of information you should mention when listing your education on your resume.
Professional Skills in Echocardiography Technician Resume
When listing skills on your echocardiography technician resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.
Present the most important skills in your resume, there's a list of typical echocardiography technician skills:
- Completion of a formal program in diagnostic medical sonography, or experience with current registry status
- Active Echocardiography Technician (EKG)
- ECHO Certification required. CPR Certification required
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with patients, physicians and other health personnel.Analytical skills necessary to assist in resolving technical problems, interpret results, and alter procedures as necessary to provide optimal care
- Walk and stand for up to 100% of work times and to lift, pull, and push ultrasound equipment, and other equipment as needed
- Visual form perception to perceive detail in ultrasound images for the determination of exposure acceptability, anatomical presentation, and image quality, auditor, sensory, verbal and mental activity
List of Typical Skills For an Echocardiography Technician Resume
Skills For Echocardiography Technician Resume
- Possess basic knowledge to perform routine echo modalities: M-mode, 2D, Doppler, and Color Flow. Familiarity with one or more types and models of echo ultrasound instrumentation
- Knowledge of cardiac anatomy and ability to detect acute EKG arrhythmias and abnormalities
- Tolerate prolonged lifting, standing, walking and bending, as well as ability to hold the probe stationary for an extended period with good mobility of the hand, wrist and arm is needed in order to recognize and produce a diagnostic echo
- Basic Life Support certification - HealthCare Provider (BLS-HCP) is required
- American Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS) is required
- Basic knowledge of computers and department systems
- EKG certification and registry eligible
Skills For Echocardiography Technician Resume
- Responsible for educational needs in accordance with license
- ACLS certification-St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Livingston only. New hires allowed 6 months to comply
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products is required
- Maintains patient and physician confidentiality to assure that patient’s rights
Related to Echocardiography Technician Resume Samples
Level, TechnicianResume Sample
•Ensure accurate recording of helpdesk calls using the company’s incident tracking systems•Provide first/second level technical support in French and English to VUE’s customers (both internal and external)•Performing vehicle maintenance work as outlined on repair order wit...
•Possess great organisational skills with t...
•Possess great organisational skills with a...
•Qualified mechanical experience substituti...
Phlebotomy TechnicianResume Sample
•Experience at the Level of Laboratory Assistant in the County of Los Angeles is defined as: Assists laboratory personnel in the performance of standard laboratory tests on human and other specimens or assigns, trains, and reviews the work of a group of lower-level laboratory positions•Performs ve...
•Demonstrate comprehension, skill and comma...
•Customer service skills to include ability...
•Hospital experience or 3 years experience ...
Wire TechnicianResume Sample
•Processes wire and ACH transfers for both customers and the firm•Investigates and resolves returned wire and ACH transfers•Processes electronic tax payments•Process incoming bank wires for both customers and the firm•Pulls...
•Applied J Std & IPC620 knowledge as well a...
•Strong technical communication skills, des...
•Proven ability to work effectively and fle...
Principal TechnicalResume Sample
•Proven ability to deliver on a project’s established scope, schedule and budget•Provides technical leadership and management for EPRI research projects associated with designing and implementing security technology solutions in an operations technology (OT) environment. This includes implementing...
•Strong writing and presentation skills. So...
•Demonstrated strong communications (both w...
•Proven ability to communicate effectively ...
Engineering TechnologistResume Sample
•Problem Solving & Initiative: Seeks opportunity to work beyond routine assignments by solving problems of light complexity. Actively seeks out information to increase technical knowledge in area of responsibility. Applies technical knowledge in resolving basic problems encountered in assigned work. Uses initiative in...
•Demonstrated strong interpersonal and prob...
•Strong interpersonal skills and the abilit...
•Strong teamwork skills which includes coll...
•Manage regular data imports into IBM’s i2 and iBase•Day-to-day management of technical operations to support the company’s existing revenues•Responsible to stand up the Strategic Change and Transformation Management Community of Practice and Advisory Councils CoPs and CoE...
•Wear personal protective equipment is requ...
•Excellent written and verbal communication...
•Excellent communication, organization, neg...
Based on our collection of resumes in the field, essential job skills are echo technology knowledge, bedside manners, medical teamwork, a meticulous approach to work, and time management. Most resume samples for Echocardiographer make display of a degree in medical sonography.What are the duties of an echo technician? ›
Echocardiograph Technicians are a very specific kind of diagnostic medical sonographer dealing with the heart. Echo technicians use ultrasound devices and other imaging tools that use sound waves to create images of the heart. They inspect the chambers and walls of the heart as well as the valves.How do I write a resume for an ultrasound tech? ›
- Study the job description. ...
- Craft a resume summary. ...
- Explain your work experience. ...
- List relevant skills. ...
- Provide your educational background. ...
- Add certifications. ...
- Use keywords. ...
- Proofread your resume.
What are the top skills you should add to your Cardiac Sonographer resume? On top Cardiac Sonographer resumes, skills like Echocardiography, Basic Life Support (BLS), Medical Ultrasound, Patient Safety, Transesophageal Echocardiography, Hospitals, Medical Imaging and Healthcare appear most often.What are the four basic areas that you examine with an echocardiogram? ›
The four common locations at which the echocardiographic transducer is placed for imaging are the parasternal, apical, subcostal, and suprasternal.What is the highest paid echo tech? ›
Echo technician salaries typically range between $49,000 and $117,000 a year.What are two or three duties of an ECG tech? ›
- Performing cardiovascular tests on patients.
- Keeping patients informed on every step of the procedure.
- Identifying and diagnosing heart conditions.
- Monitoring patient blood pressure.
- Collecting cardiovascular data for analysis by doctors.
- Working alongside doctors and nurses.
I am an enthusiastic, self-motivated, reliable, responsible and hard working person. I am a mature team worker and adaptable to all challenging situations. I am able to work well both in a team environment as well as using own initiative. I am able to work well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.What is a technical resume summary? ›
A technical resume summary highlights your greatest technical strengths and qualifications in two to three sentences. Write one by listing two or three of your most impressive tech-related achievements, how many years of experience you have, and some of your key technical skills.
- Self-Discipline. ...
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills. ...
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Great Communication Skills. ...
- Passion for Technology.
Common job duties listed on a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer resume include handling ultrasound machines, interpreting images, observing developing fetuses, and presenting results to physicians and patients.What should I put on my resume for an ultrasound? ›
- Diagnostic Medical Ultrasounds.
- Knowledge of Ultrasound Equipment.
- Analysis of Images.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Proper Medical Etiquette.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
history and clinical information from other medical records; information provided by the patient to the sonographer at the time of examination; clinical observations made by the sonographer; and. clinical tests performed at the time of examination.Is an echo tech the same as a cardiac sonographer? ›
Diagnostic cardiac sonographers are also known as echocardiography technologists. The two terms are often interchangeable, so different job postings and training programs may use one or the other.What is the most a cardiac sonographer can make? ›
Cardiac sonographer salaries typically range between $54,000 and $116,000 a year. The average hourly rate for cardiac sonographers is $38.29 per hour.Is being an echo tech hard? ›
It's a job that requires technical savvy, detailed knowledge of human anatomy, and the interpersonal skills necessary to make a patient feel at ease during the procedure. Being an ultrasound technician may seem like a daunting job, but it only takes a minimum of two years to complete the schooling necessary.What 5 abnormalities can be found on the echocardiogram? ›
- Aortic stenosis. The etiology of aortic stenosis (AS) can be confirmed by the visualization of either a bicuspid valve or calcification. ...
- Aortic regurgitation. ...
- Mitral stenosis. ...
- Mitral regurgitation. ...
- Mitral valve prolapse. ...
- Paraprosthetic regurgitation.
- Transesophageal echocardiogram. A transesophageal echocardiogram is a scan that provides detailed images of the heart. ...
- Transthoracic echocardiogram. A transthoracic echocardiogram is the most common form of echocardiogram. ...
- Stress echocardiogram.
For most adult patients, imaging is performed with the patient either supine and/or in the left lateral decubitus position (Fig. 5.3). By tilting the patient to the left, the heart is brought forward to the chest wall and more to the left of the sternum thereby improving the ultrasound windows.
|Rank||Job Title||Average ECHO USA Salary|
Echo Global Logistics pays an average of $64,348 per year, or $30.94 an hour.Which tech company pays the most? ›
|Top Tech Companies||Early Career Median Salary||Mid-Career Median Pay|
- Radiation therapist.
- Physical therapist.
- Nurse midwife.
- Surgical technologist.
- Vascular surgeon.
- Nuclear medicine technologist.
- Occupational therapist.
Although we are most commonly known as echo techs, our official title is either 'cardiac sonographer' or 'echocardiographer. '” Echo techs use imaging technology and sophisticated ultrasound equipment to produce images of the heart.How much does NYU pay echo tech? ›
As of May 24, 2023, the average annual pay for a NYU Langone Ultrasound Technician in the United States is $97,842 a year.What is the 1500 method? ›
The 1500 Method: Count the number of small boxes between two successive R waves and divide this number into 1500 to obtain heart rate. This works well for faster heart rates.What skills should an ECG Tech possess? ›
If you want to become an ECG Technician, you'll need good communication skills, excellent people skills, and fine attention to detail. You'll also need a solid foundation of knowledge specific to the profession.Why is it called 12 lead ECG? ›
A standard surface EKG is recorded using electrodes, or sticky patches, placed on the body surface, typically over the chest and the extremities. These electrode wires are connected to the EKG machine with recordings from 12 different locations on the surface of the body, the so-called12-lead EKG.Why should we hire you? ›
“I should be hired for this role because of my relevant skills, experience, and passion for the industry. I've researched the company and can add value to its growth. My positive attitude, work ethics, and long-term goals align with the job requirements, making me a committed and valuable asset to the company.”
- Greeting: Hello, my name is (name). ...
- Goal: I am looking for (internship/full-time position) at (employer name).
- Interest/passion: I am interested in (interests related to the company/industry).
- Strengths: I have many skills to contribute including (strengths) and (skills).
- State your name.
- State your job title.
- Briefly describe your role or abilities.
- Listen to the other person.
- List Your Technical and Coding Skills at the Top. ...
- Highlight Personal Projects. ...
- Link to Your Portfolio. ...
- Add Any Technical Extracurriculars. ...
- Link to Professional Profiles. ...
- Focus on Skills Employees Are Looking For. ...
- Include Your Coding Bootcamp, if Applicable.
Technical skills for resumes are a narrower and more specific category than just “ hard skills ”. Technical skills are those that deal with using complex tools (both software and hardware), number-based methodologies and systems, as well as complicated disciplines that often take years of training.How long should a resume be? ›
Your resume is your professional calling card. Learn what length it should be and how to keep it focused and impactful. Most resumes should be between one and two pages long. But, some can be three pages or more.What are the hard skills of a technician? ›
Some of the most important hard skills a technician can possess include diagnosing issues, performing preventative maintenance, working with hand tools, and compliance with safety procedures. When it comes to soft skills, technicians should have strong customer service and communication skills.What are the top skills needed to succeed in tech? ›
- Communication. ...
- Organization. ...
- Analytical Abilities. ...
- Creativity. ...
- Project Management. ...
- Perseverance. ...
- Problem Solving. ...
The Challenges of Being an Ultrasound Technician
Long and varying work hours: Sonographers often work in hospitals and clinics that stay open long hours. You could work nights and/or weekends to best serve your patients. Difficult patients: Some patients will be struggling with difficult emotional situations.
There are plenty of other benefits of selecting sonography for your career. For example, sonographers are known to make a decent salary when compared to other career options. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, a sonographer makes an average of $70,380 per year or $33.84 per hour.What sense of responsibility do sonographers have? ›
Sonographers have a duty to make the care of patients their first concern and to practise safely and effectively. They must be ethical and trustworthy.
- People Skills. Ultrasound technician work directly with patients. ...
- Excellent Hand-eye Coordination. An ultrasound technician needs to be able to move hand-held devices on a patient's body while watching a video monitor. ...
- Team Work. ...
- Continuous Learning.
The most common injuries among sonographers are carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome, epicondylitis of the elbow, shoulder capsulitis and tendonitis, and neck and back strains.What are the overall objective of an ultrasound technician? ›
Responsible for performing quality sonographic studies by following established procedures and physician's orders to provide quality diagnostic data for interpretation by Radiologist. Prepared patients for examination. Scanned and evaluated patients' exams.What is the primary goal for ultrasound technician? ›
Perform sonographic procedures appropriately and accurately recording all anatomic and physiologic information for interpretation by a physician. Document and present complete and accurate sonographic findings to the interpreting physician in order to facilitate patient diagnosis.What are the criteria for echocardiogram? ›
Unexplained shortness of breath in the absence of clinical signs of heart failure if ECG and/or CXR abnormal c. Murmur in the presence of cardiac or respiratory symptoms d. Murmur in an asymptomatic individual in whom clinical features or other investigation suggest severe structural heart disease.What is the nurse responsibility during a echocardiogram? ›
The responsibilities of a nurse during echocardiography includes explanation of the procedure to the patient, monitoring during tranesophageal and stress examinations, and establishing intravenous access for sonicated saline, microsphere contrast, and medication administration.What is the requirement for echo? ›
All ships of 300 gross tonnage and upwards and passenger ships irrespective of size shall be fitted with, an echo sounding device, or other electronic means, to measure and display the available depth of water.What is the difference between an echocardiogram and an EKG? ›
Physicians use both echocardiograms (or echos) and EKGs to assess heart health, but they utilize them differently. An EKG focuses on the heart's electrical activity, as a measure of how the organ is functioning. Echocardiography is a form of ultrasound that provides a detailed picture of the heart's structure.What are the responsibilities of a cardiac sonographer? ›
Cardiac sonographers (echocardiographers) specialize in imaging a patient's heart. They use ultrasound equipment to examine the heart's chambers, valves, and vessels. An echocardiogram may be performed either while the patient is resting or after the patient has been physically active.What do you assess in an echocardiogram? ›
An echocardiogram is an ultrasound test that checks the structure and function of your heart. An echo can diagnose a range of conditions including cardiomyopathy and valve disease. There are several types of echo tests, including transthoracic and transesophageal.
The test takes about 10 to 30 minutes. Then, someone will take out the probe. Nurses will monitor you for 20 to 30 minutes afterward. Don't eat or drink until the sedative wears off, which takes an hour after the test.What are the risks of echocardiogram? ›
During a stress echocardiogram, you may feel sick and dizzy, and you may experience some chest pain. There's also a small chance of the procedure triggering an irregular heartbeat or heart attack, but you'll be monitored carefully during the test and it will be stopped if there are signs of any problems.Can a technician read an echocardiogram? ›
“Your test needs to be read by a diagnostic radiologist, and the results go back to your physician. Your physician reads the report and then discusses it with you,” Edwards said. The biggest reason for that policy is that only a medical doctor has the training and experience to make a diagnosis.