Welcome to our comprehensive guide on Kendriya Vidyalaya Chennai Admission 2023-24. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding the admission process, eligibility criteria, important dates, reservation criteria, fees, and more. Whether you are a parent seeking admission for your child or a student looking to join Kendriya Vidyalaya Chennai, this guide will serve as a valuable resource to help you navigate through the admission process.
To begin, let's take a look at the important dates for Kendriya Vidyalaya Chennai Admission 2023-24:
- Advertisement releasing date: Latest by March 25, 2023
- Start of KV admission 2023-24 for Class 1: March 27, 2023
- Last Date to submit KVS online form for Class 1: April 17, 2023
- Declaration of provisional select and waitlist of registered candidates:
- 1st list towards April 20, 2023
- 2nd list on April 28, 2023 (if seats remain vacant)
- 3rd list on May 5, 2023 (if seats remain vacant)
- Declaration of provisional select list of candidates as per priority service category for unreserved seats, if any: April 6, 2023, to April 8, 2023
- Extended date for Second Notification for offline registrations for admissions to be made under RTE Provisions, SC/ST and OBC (NCL) if sufficient applications not received in online mode: Notification on May 3, 2023; Registration from May 4 to 11, 2023
- Display of list and admission: May 18 to 25, 2023
- Registration for Class-II onwards (except Class XI) - Subject to availability of vacancies in a particular class. (in offline mode): April 3, 2023, to April 12, 2023
- Declaration of list of class II onwards: April 17, 2023
- Admission for class Il onwards: April 18, 2023, to April 29, 2023
- Last date of admission for all classes except class XI: June 30, 2023
- For Kendriya Vidyalaya school Chennai students: Registration for admission in class XI: Within 10 days after declaration of 10th result 2023
- KV students: Display of admission list and admissions for Class-XI: Within 20 days after declaration of class X results
- Non-KV students: Registration, display of admission list & admissions in class XI (Subject to availability of vacancies): After the admissions of KV students in class XI
- Last date of admission for class - XI: 30 days from the date of declaration of class-X results by CBSE
The admission process for Kendriya Vidyalaya Chennai follows a systematic approach. Here are the steps involved:
Obtain the registration form: KV Chennai registration forms can be availed through the respective principal of KVS schools. The availability of forms depends on the availability of seats.See Also21Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) will release the official notification for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2024-25. There are 1253 Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in India that offer classes from 1st to 12th. The application process for class 1 will take plaThe Process of Online Registration for Class 1 in Kendriya VidyalayasOptimizing Your Website for Search Engines
Fill out the registration form: Students must fill the Kendriya Vidyalaya admission forms 2023 completely and submit them positively before the last date. The application forms were made available through the online portal kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in. The forms were also available at the principal's office at no cost.
Submit the application: After filling out the registration form, candidates should take a printout of the completed application form, attach all the relevant documents, and submit them to the respective campus of KV.
Selection process: The selection process varies depending on the class. Here's a breakdown of the selection process for different classes:
- For Class 1: The lottery draws for the 25.5% reserved seats under RTE (Right to Education) and the priority category system are conducted to determine the selection.
- For Class 2 to 8: Admission will be given based on the priority category system. If applications are more than the number of seats, a lottery system will be followed in each category, including the single girl child quota.
- For Class 9: Admission is based on the priority category system.
- For Class 10 and 12: Kendriya Vidyalaya 2023 offers admission for class 10 and 12 students based on the number of vacant seats out of the total number of seats in each class.
Eligibility for Class 11 Students: Fresh Kendriya Vidyalaya Chennai admission 2023 for non-KV students will be entertained as per the following eligibility criteria:
- Science stream: Minimum score required in class 10 is 60%.
- Commerce stream: Minimum score required in class 10 is 55%.
- Humanities: All successful students of Kendriya Vidyalaya are eligible.
Now, let's take a closer look at the eligibility criteria for Kendriya Vidyalaya Chennai Admission 2023-24:
Age Requirement: It must be noted that a child must be 6 years old as of March 31, 2023, for KV Class 1 admission 2023. The child born on April 1 can also apply for the same. There is no age restriction for admission to Class 11 if the student is applying for Kendriya Vidyalaya school Chennai admission in the year of passing the Class 10th exam. The maximum age limit for specially-abled children can be relaxed by two years by the Principal. There is no upper and lower age limit for Class 12th admission, but there should be no break in the continuous study of the student after passing class 11.
Age Criteria: The age criteria for different classes are as follows:
Class Minimum Age on March 31 of the year in which admission is sought Maximum Age on March 31 of the year in which admission is sought 1 6 Years* 8 Years* 2 6 Years 8 Years 3 7 Years 9 Years 4 8 Years 10 Years 5 9 Years 11 Years 6 10 Years 12 Years 7 11 Years 13 Years 8 12 Years 14 Years 9 13 Years 15 Years 10 14 Years 16 Years
*As per the mandate of NEP 2020, the entry age for Class 1 has been revised to 6+ years with effect from the Academic Session 2023-24.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Chennai follows a reservation policy to ensure equal opportunities for all. Here are the reservation criteria for KV Chennai admission:
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 15%
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 8%
- Physically Disabled: 3%
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 27%
Kendriya Vidyalaya Chennai gives preference to children of different categories of employees. The preference criteria are as follows:
- First Preference: Central Government Employees and Ex-servicemen.
- Second Preference: Employees of Government Funded Institutes of higher learning with a 51% share of the central government.
- Third Preference: Government employees of the State.
- Fourth Preference: Employees of Government Funded Institutes of higher learning with a 51% share of the State government.
- Fifth Preference: Children of Foreign National Officials and other categories.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Chennai charges fees for students from Class 1 to 12. However, there are certain exemptions. Here's a breakdown of the fee structure:
- Tuition Fee: Girl students are exempted from paying the tuition fee.
- No tuition fee is to be paid for boys up to Class VIII, girls up to Class XII, SC/ST students, and wards of KVS employees.
- Children of parents having the BPL card are also exempted from submitting the Kendriya Vidyalaya fees 2023.
List of Kendriya Vidyalaya in Chennai
Here is a list of Kendriya Vidyalaya schools in Chennai:
- AVADI AFS
- AVADI CRPF
- AVADI HVF
- AVADI OCF
- CHENNAI ANNA NAGAR
- CHENNAI DGQA
- CHENNAI, ASHOK NAGAR
- CHENNAI, CLRI
- CHENNAI, GILL NAGAR
- CHENNAI, IIT CAMPUS
- CHENNAI, ISLAND GROUNDS
- CHENNAI, MINAMBAKKAM
We hope this comprehensive guide on Kendriya Vidyalaya Chennai Admission 2023-24 has provided you with all the necessary information you need. Whether you are a parent or a student, understanding the admission process, eligibility criteria, important dates, reservation criteria, fees, and other details is crucial for a successful admission. We wish you the best of luck in your Kendriya Vidyalaya Chennai admission journey!